E-INVOICING IN ERPLY
The new e-Invoicing module in Erply lets users send out invoices that are using e-invoicing standard. Although a valid contract with one of the e-invoicing operators is required, it is possible to simplify the process by creating integration with Erply. It removes the need to enter operator e-service environment every time when there is a need to send out an e-invoice.
Currently we support the following operators:
This document gives a quick overview how to setup e-Invoicing in Erply. For information on how to configure how your e-invoicing operator handles the incoming invoices please refer to their documentation.
In order to successfully send out and receive invoice documents using one of the supported operators.
There are some preconditions:
You need to have an active account with one of the supported e-invoicing operators
Erply account must have following data defined (so it can be used on E-invoices):
- Company Registry code - Erply back office > Settings > My Company Information > Reg. code
- Company Bank Account number - Erply back office > Settings > My Company Information > ACCOUNT NO.
- Company Bank SWIFT code - Erply back office > Settings > My Company Information > SWIFT
- Company Bank account IBAN code - Erply back office > Settings > My Company Information > IBAN
- Company Postal Address - Erply back office > Settings > My Company Information > Addresses
- Customer Registry code - Erply back office > Customers > Reg. Code
- Customer email address for e-invoices - Erply back office > Customers > E-invoice email address
- EDI code (same as OVT and EIA code) for electronic invoicing address (only mandatory for Maventa) - Erply back office > Customers > EDI Code
Define invoicing channels in customer registry (no mandatory but it will make easier sending out the e-invoices)
- Open Customers in Erply BO > set filter for Invoicing channel to "Undefined"
- Set the channel fo each customer "E-invoice" or "Email"
INTEGRATE E-INVOICING MODULE WITH ERPLY
In order to start using e-Invoicing functionalities inside your Erply account, there is a need to enable specific permissions for it.
There are two options for that:
- For most users - Configure it inside your Erply account (suitable for most users) - OPTION 1
- For advanced solutions - Integrate it using the Erply Launchpad and Identity Admin apps - OPTION 2
For the first option, please follow the instructions in the next chapter.
For the second option the are some additional steps to go through (it is usually done together by customer support specialist):
- Login to https://apps.erply.com
- Click on “e-invoicing app” under ALL APPS tab and request access for your company
- Click on the “Identity Admin” app under YOUR APPS tab
- Find new access requests in Dashboard
- Accept new access request and give “Admin access” right under Permissions tab
- If not done already, go to Integrations and Link your Erply account
After successfully completing these steps you have given your Erply account access to e-Invoicing module. Nexts steps cover linking Erply to your chosen e-invoicing operator.
INTEGRATE E-INVOICING OPERATOR WITH ERPLY
In order to securely connect the e-invoicing operator and Erply systems, there is a need to enter specific authentication keys. That way two systems can securely identify themselves and exchange of documents can start.
Please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Credentials screen:
- OPTION 1: Navigate to Erply back office > Sales > Set up e-invoice operator
- OPTION 2: Navigate to Erply app and click on Launchpad in the top of the screen. Then run the e-Invoicing app.
- Enter available credentials and click on the Add button
- Get Omniva authentication credentials
- Make sure that the Data exchange with ERP is allowed
- For Data exchange URL - Omniva > Invoicing management > Settings > Settings > Data exchange with ERP > Data Exchange URL
- For Authentication Code - Omniva > Invoicing management > Settings > Settings > Data exchange with ERP > Authentication Code
- NB! When you generate new authentication code, then make sure it is updated in Erply as well!
- Get Maventa authentication credentials
- For User API key - Maventa > Settings (on the top right corner) > API key
- For Company UUID - Maventa > Settings > Company UUID
NB! There is an option to enter only one operator credential so that e-invoices will be transferred using only that one. When there are more than one credentials entered then invoices will be sent depending on the Postal address country of the invoice receiving party.
SENDING OUT E-INVOICES FROM ERPLY
You can send out invoices in e-invoice format from Erply. The Invoices will be delivered to your chosen operator and handled there as configured. For Omniva there is by default a need to manually send them to customer. For Maventa it will be automatically forwarded using available delivery information.
The easy steps for sending invoices to the customer in e-invoice format:
- Navigate to Sales > Invoices
- Select one or more invoices you want to send
- Click on the button on the top “E-invoices: Send selected”
- You will receive notification shortly if invoice was sent out successfully
- Approximately after one minute you can request the status of delivery to the operator by clicking on “E-invoices: update statuses”
- When checking the invoices sent to Omniva system, then make sure that you change the Invoice date accoringly so that older invoices are visible as well.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When e-invoice delivery to the operator was not successful can I send it out again?
- Sure, if there was a problem with connectivity or some other reason so that the operator has not received the invoice then select and initiate the sending again.
- When operator received the invoice then delete it first from the operator system and then try sending it again. Unless it will not be overwritten and will cause error.
- I cannot find the Settings menu in Maventa?
- It is located on the top right corner of the screen
- I cannot find the “Company settings” in Maventa?
- It is location on the left side menu
- It is only available for Admin users
- What e-invoicing standard are supported:
- In Estonia 1.2 version for sending and 1.2, 1.1 for receiving invoices
- In Finland Finvoice 3.0 for sending and receiving invoices
- Customer wants to receive e-invoice on different email address that the contact one
- Please enter another email address to the “E-invoice email address” field on the customer contact card, so that one will be used by sending e-invoices
- How much time it takes for invoices to reach Operator and Customer
- Usually it takes 1-5 minutes to reach Operator and when automatic forwarding enabled then from minutes to hours to be sent to customer email depending on the chosen e-invoicing operator.
- How to make sure what channel Maventa will use to send out invoices to the customer?
- Maventa has predefined priority for sending out invoices that depends on what information is available. First it tries to send to e-invoicing address (EDI/OVT code), secondly to the email address and as a last option when no previous data is available to the customers postal address.